Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Beginnings and The Ward Variety Show

This week we had our Young Women's New Beginnings. It went very well and of course I learned a lot from the girls in their perspective - the Mia Maids made introductions to each value: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and the newest value Virtue. I love being a leader in Young Womens - the girls keep me young!

Speaking of young - our ward put on a Variety Show and my older clogging class wanted to perform the number we have been working on and they wanted me to perform with them. So here I am trying to act young and dance with my 10 to 12 year olds! It was a lot of fun and as Jeremy put it "we won the show!" My Beehives did a fashion show - I really wish I would of remembered my camera to get pictures of them. Anyway, two of them were announcers-
"here is Beth in Capri Pants (she ducted tape Capri Sun drinks to her pants)
next we have Malory in a Mini Skirt (dressed up like Minnie Mouse)
here is Lexi in Bell Bottom pants (jingle bells on her bottom)
next is Amber with a Plunging neck line shirt (plunger necklace)
and finally Rebecca wearing a tube top (inter tube)." They were a hit!
The kids enjoyed the show. We barely saw Dawson, he took off with one of his buddies Joey, Madison too was busy dancing around and laughing at all the funny skits, and Jackson thought it was pretty great that he had his own bag of popcorn!

No comments: