Sunday, February 14, 2010

Super Bowl/Valentine's Day

We were disappointed that the Colts did not win the Super Bowl:( We had a great time at my parents house though, with lots of good stuff to eat and cousins to play with!

Maybe this Seahawk outfit jinxed the whole thing!Valentine's is here and again I have booked myself with many holiday projects. Being the Relief Society Committee leader the February meeting was on "Love" the language of love, I can't remember the name of the author of the book. We had a lesson on how we all love differently and then we learned how to make cupcake pops and these cute Valentine cones (mine not so cute, but some gals made some pretty impressive stuff). It was a fun evening - we had about 75 women come - I wish I took pictures, I had my camera there, but it was hard juggling teaching the pops and Thompson.
I made these cones for Madison and Dawson's teachers. That one little cupcake pop was one of over 300 made! Yes I had my second annual girls night in make your own cupcake pops. I baked 5 cakes and balled over 300 for everyone to make their desired amount. All day Wednesday I had women come over and shape, dip, and sprinkle their pops - I was so impressed and had a lot of fun - and once again my kitchen has cute sprinkles all over! (sorry no pictures too - Thompson was up partying with the ladies, so I was busy taking care of him)

Madison's hair for her Valentine Party!

Jackson playing bingo at his party - I made heart shaped sugar cookies for his class to decorate and eat!

Madison at her party - making her Valentine bag. She loved her "Justice" heart t-shirt. I made cupcakes for her class (she has a boy in her class that has a peanut allergery, so I made a box cake and frosting) - I got to the school had the boys in the stroller, picked up the tupperware box of cupcakes and splat the bottom came out and cupcake mess all over the sidewalk - so for some reason I was not bring cupcakes to Madison's party. Maddy was a little bit disappointed, but really they didn't have time to eat cupcakes at the party anyways - so everything was good!

Dawson! I brought a fun number bingo to his party - the other room mom was a big help and headed up this party!


Last but not least, I helped a Young Women in our ward with a wedding cake for her Mom's wedding. She helped with the roses, smoothing the fondant and the ribbon. She was very proud.

No comments: